One of the things I missed when having to go gluten and dairy-free was buffalo wings. I do make them myself but I can’t always get wings and it takes time. Not everyone in my house likes chicken wings. Sometimes it’s just such a hassle. NOT ANYMORE!!!!! This is the easiest weeknight dinner and it’s delicious. Seriously my new favorite, and I typically eat it for lunch the next day too, it’s that good.
Buffalo Chicken Bowl
For this recipe, you will need 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup uncooked white rice, 1 head of cauliflower (you can buy the prechopped florets too), extra virgin olive oil, garlic salt, onion powder, buffalo sauce (I like New Primal Mild Buffalo Sauce) and vegan ranch dressing (I use Primal Kitchens).
Preheat the oven to 400. 400 is the best roasting temperature in my opinion. It gets them a little crispy on the outside versus mushy when done at a lower temp and brings out the natural sweetness is vegetables. While the oven is preheating, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use and oil mister to lightly coat the parchment paper with olive oil. Chop the cauliflower into bite sized florets, I chop up the bagged versions too because they are typically huge and won’t fit in my mouth without a lot of effort. Lay on the baking sheet in a single layer and mist with more olive oil then sprinkle with garlic salt. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked to your desired softness/brownness. While that is cooking, cook your 1 cup of rice according to the directions on the package. Then you can either grill or pan fry your chicken. Lightly coat it with garlic salt and onion powder. If you’re pan frying, use a large pan and add a tsp or so of olive oil. Preheat on medium heat and cook each side for around 7 minutes. Be sure to check the internal temperature to make sure it reaches 165 degrees.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven when it’s done. Chop the chicken when it’s done into bite-sized pieces. Place one cup of rice, one cup of cooked cauliflower and 1 cup of cooked chicken into a bowl. Drizzle with buffalo sauce and then ranch dressing then enjoy!
I’m telling you, my most simple recipes are my favorite. They always turn out the best.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- mild buffalo sauce
- paleo ranch dressing
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into florets. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil. Add cauliflower in a single layer and lightly coat with olive oil and garlic salt.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Start cooking rice according to directions on the bag.
- Season chicken with garlic salt and onion powder. Cook chicken in a skillet with olive oil or on the grill until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Typically 7 minutes each side at 350 degrees or medium heat.
- Chop cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add one cup of rice per bowl. Add one cup of cooked cauliflower and 1 cup of cooked chicken.
- Drizzle buffalo sauce and then ranch dressing over each bowl and enjoy!