One of the things I love is when simple meets delicious. Nothing complicated but your tastebuds do a happy dance. This simple salad does just that. Not only that, but it’s also low calorie, nutrient-dense, and filling. Perfect for maintaining that summer bod and having the energy you need to have fun in the sun.
Ingredients to the Salad
Just as its sounds, you will need an arugula mix, ripe nectarine, prosciutto, crumbled goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and salt. That’s it! How easy is that? There’s no grilling or fancy labor-intensive dressing. Just toss together and enjoy! This makes it the perfect weeknight dinner or for that cook-out you’re going to over the weekend.
I get the arugula in the bin, prosciutto, goat cheese, and white balsamic vinegar from my local health food store. Everything else you can get from anywhere 🙂 When I was first introduced to white balsamic vinegar I was blown away. It’s sweeter than the regular balsamic vinegar and it pairs well with peppery arugula. They balance each other out nicely.
I like to toss the arugula with the dressing first and let it “marinate” while I depot and slice the nectarines and slice up the prosciutto. So I add all the arugula into a big bowl, then I’ll add the olive oil, vinegar and just a pinch of salt and toss it all until everything is coated. Then let it rest. Once all the meat and fruit is sliced up I divide it into bowls then (as you can see from the picture) lay the nectarines on top, then the prosciutto, then the goat cheese. I like to make food pretty when I’m serving it to others. It’s just fun. Feel free to toss it all together and give it shake. Or is the dressing and dip your fork into it before grabbing your salad. It’s really up to you. I personally like it my way though.
This salad has become a top contender in my world and I’m excited to share it with you.
Arugula Salad with Nectarines, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese
- 8 cups arugula like 8 large handfuls 😉
- 2 nectarines pitted and sliced thinly
- 8 slices prosciutto sliced into bite sized strips
- 4 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl add arugula. Add olive oil, vinegar and salt and toss until everything is coated. Set aside.
- De-pit and thinly slice your nectarines. You want them to be easy to bite into. Set them aside.
- Thinly slice your prosciutto and set aside.
- Plate your already dressed arugula onto 4 plates and evenly divide nectarine slices and prosciutto. Then put 1-2 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese on each one. Enjoy!