I love cooking food on the grill. It cuts cooking time down significantly, getting food on the table faster and leaving more time for summer fun. This marinade is light yet flavorful. I love using fresh ingredients and, being in season, they are full of flavor as well. I use avocado oil because of it’s high smoke point of 450 degrees. Perfect for cooking on the grill. Be sure not to let your food burn though. Burnt food promotes cancer in your body.
This recipes is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, coconut free and paleo. Remove the meat and it’s vegan.
Citrus Cilantro Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tbsp lime juice or juice of 4 limes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow and orange
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 container button mushrooms
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop chicken breast in 2 inch squares (the best you can with lopsided meat.)
- Chop bell pepper and onion into 1-2 inch squares.
- Place chicken pieces into a quart size bag. Place veggies into a gallon size bag. divide marinade into each bag. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- On soaked wooden or metal kabob sticks, alternate veggies and meat. This should make 12-15 kabobs.
- On medium heat, cook on the grill for 5-8 minutes each side until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from the grill, let cool then enjoy!