I love food and I love eating food that loves me back. Curry is a wonderful spice that not only tastes great, it’s extremely beneficial to consume on a regular basis. It’s anti-inflammatory so it helps with aches and pains as well as overall health. Inflammation is considered to be the root of all disease. Control inflammation and we are more likely able to prevent disease. It has been shown to kill cancer cells. It can also aid in digestion by promoting increased stomach acid secretion.
This simple recipe is great for lunches, at a party on top of (gluten-free) crackers or for a road trip. Packed full of nutrients, protein and, best of all, flavor. It is a regular in my home and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 15 oz can of garbonzo beans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or full-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Boil your chicken breasts until fully cooked.
- While chicken is boiling, finely dice celery, mango and onion in a food processor or by hand.
- Rinse and pat dry garbonzo beans.
- Once chicken is cooked, finely chop in food processor.
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.