I’m all about keeping things simple. Real food, simple ingredients and maximum flavor. One pot dinners are my favorite to make because I only have to wash one pot. Dishes get old after awhile and the chore never ends. This recipe is satisfies all the above requirements and is absolutely delicious.
The great thing about this recipe is how you can reuse the leftovers for breakfast the next day. Make them into a frittata, scramble or just reheat and top with a fried egg. You can even fry up some potatoes to mix in with it for a super tasty hash. Two in one win!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, egg free, grain free and paleo.
Gluten Free Sausage, Apple and Peppers One Pot Dinner
- 4 chicken bratwurst make sure you get a gluten free version
- 3 different colored bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 medium sized apples
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Heat your large pan on medium-low heat with 1 tbsp evoo.
- Cook bratwurst for about 8 minutes, until fully cooked, and remove from the pan.
- Chop bell pepper, onion and apples into 1/2 inch pieces and add to heated pan.
- Slice bratwurst into 1/2 in slices, Mix in with vegetables and add spices. Cover with a lid and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir so everything cooks evenly. Cover and let finish cooking.