Meatballs are a fun food. Kid love them, easy to dip into sauce, and great on spaghetti. I’ve been wanting to try buffalo meat for awhile but couldn’t ever find it in my local grocery stores. Then my local health food store was renovated and I guess made some new connections because there was 100% grass fed ground buffalo meat! Upon grabbing it and bring it home. I thought about what to do with it. I’ve heard it’s amazing for meatloaf and as burgers. Tonight I decided to do something easy, fun and kid friendly. Meatballs. This recipe is grain free, egg free, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and the best part, simple.
Makes about 16 meatballs
- 1 lb ground grassfed buffalo
- 2 inches of fresh zucchini
- 1/5 sweet onion
- 1/8 tsp each red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, extremely fine chop zucchini and onion.
- In a separate bowl, with your hands mix the buffalo, seasonings and veggies well.
- On a baking sheet, place a layer of aluminum foil (for throw away clean up, or directly on the baking sheet if you are trying to avoid aluminium). Then makes the meat into 1 1/2 in balls and place evenly along baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutesl
You can add to spaghetti or dip into a sauce. They are excellent, if I do say so myself!