Citrus season is in full swing and I just love working with the produce that is in season. It’s been fun creating new recipes, and delicious! Growing up the only way I ate grapefruit was covered in sugar. These days I try to find other (healthier) ways to enjoy this tart fruit and it has been a fun process.
This grapefruit, jicama, and mint salad is simple and while the combination might seem interesting, the flavors together are absolutely decadent. If you love grapefruit, you will love this simple and filling salad. In developing this recipe, I made the base of jicama, avocado and grapefruit the same then separated into two bowls. One I added chopped cilantro and salt, the second I added chopped mint, minced ginger and salt. Both were good, however, I loved the mint more.
This recipes is vegan, paleo, raw, gluten free, and grain free.
Grapefruit Jicama and Mint Salad
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1 haas avocado
- 1 cup cubed jicama
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- salt to taste
- Chopped jicama and avocado into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel grapefruit and remove as much of the plithe (white stuff) as you can. Peel apart and slice into 1 inch pieces. Toss all 3 ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
- Rough chop mint and add to bowl.
- Using a cheese grater or knife, mince ginger as fine as you can and add to salad.
- Add a little bit of salt all over the salad and mix. Taste to see if you need more. (It's always better to need add more than to add too much.)