Finding a healthy, yet still delicious, alternative to sugar and chemical laden fruit dips can be somewhat of a challenge. You don’t have to look any further though. This 6 ingredient fruit dip is so heavenly even non-health conscious people will enjoy it.
Not only does it taste divine, it’s unbelievably good for you. I love food that loves me back!
Raw cashews are the base of this recipe. Cashews are always delicious and this recipe gives them a different spin.
A few health benefits of cashews are:
- excellent source of magnesium
- reduce frequency of migraines
- lowers blood pressure
- full of antioxidants and enzymes
- improve joint flexibility
- excellent source of oleic acid, the same fat found in olive oil
- regular consumption reduces the risk of developing gallstones
Coconut oil helps the recipe stay a solid consistency and boosts the nutrition value.
A few health benefits of coconut oil are:
- promotes brain health
- aids in weight loss
- boosts your immune system
- improves digestion
- improves dental health
Local raw honey is also a wonderful food. It:
- eases seasonal allergies
- supports digestion with pre/pro-biotics
- contains enzymes
- full of antioxidants
- helps prevent anemia
- is antibacterial and anti-fungal
As you can see, this recipe is truly a guilt free dessert you can enjoy. A word of caution, it is still high in calories. While that is a bit of a downer he plus side is you know what you’re putting into your body is building you up instead of tearing you down. It is perfect to make for sharing so you don’t eat it all. Stacey and I practically licked the blender clean after we made this! We thought about not sharing 😉
Healthy Fruit Dip
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup to make it vegan
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- In your high speed blender (I used my vitamix) add in nuts, water and all other ingredients. Blend on high until smooth.
- Place into a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.