With the Coronavirus pandemic upon us all at the moment, many of us have been left feeling concerned or questioning whether our immune system is strong enough if we were to contract the virus. Your immune system is the support system in your body that defends against cold and flu. There are some ways that you can help to improve and support your immune system.
Here are several tips that help build up your immune system to help it fight when it needs to:
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains as part of a balanced diet.
- Try to aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise five days of the week.
- Get between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Wash your hands regularly, even more, no in light of Covid-19
- Research supplements that could help such as vitamin c, vitamin D, and cbd drops.
- Keep on top of your vaccinations like the flu jab. Make sure any newborns have their routine inoculations.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Don’t overindulge in alcohol.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get the advice of a Nutriouist if you need it.
Getting the Right Vitamins And Minerals
Food is one of your main resources when it comes ot supporting your immune system. There’s a reason there is a well-known saying ‘you are what you eat’. It doesn’t just apply to your weight, it also affects your immune system.
Fill at least half of your plate with vegetables and fruit, then the other half split between grains and protein. Whole grains are the best for you. Eating this way is a great way to ensure you are getting the minerals and vitamins that you need to stay healthy. If you’re not sure if you getting the right minerals and vitamins in your diet, see if you can speak to a nutritionist.
Although supplements are great for you on occasions, you need to make sure you are taking the right ones and the right amount. Otherwise, they can be bad instead of good. Your doctor can help point you in the right direction.
Manage Your Stress
Everyone gets stressed at some point. Short burst could help with your immune system, however, lasting stress is a definite problem. It can harm your immune system.
Things you can do to help minimize stress include:
- Get enough sleep. You should aim to achieve between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every night.
- Practice relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation.
- Exercise. This is a great release of endorphins that relieve stress and anxieties.
- Take some time to yourself. Try doing something that you really enjoy. Maybe reading a book, singing, dancing, or an activity like cycling or camping. Or even something as simple as a relaxing bath.
- Build a strong support network. Although you might not want to talk all the time, knowing that someone is there when you need them is reassuring.
- If you’re going through a particularly stressful time, it could be something that helps.
This short guide should help you to build your immune system and keep it healthy. Is there anything that you do to look after yours? Please share them in the comments below.