I am always looking for delicious ways to add more greens into my daily diet. Today as I was cooking up meals for the week, I was cooking one of my favorite summer quinoa recipes: Zucchini Tomato Quinoa. As I was cooking it I realized I had some kale that was starting to wilt and wouldn’t be any good. I tore it into small pieces and addied it in. It turned out SO good, I had to share.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, corn free, and vegan.
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 small zucchini or 1 large, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 heirloom tomato diced into 1/2 in pieces
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 stalks of kale, leaves torn into 1 inch(ish) pieces
- Salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa in the 2 1/2 water until water is gone and quinoa is tender.
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add in everything but the kale and saute until tender.
- Turn off the heat and add in kale. Once slightly wilted add in Quinoa and salt. Let sit for 5 minutes.
It’s that easy.