Histamine Intolerance is awful. Plain and simple. Symptoms include:
- Foods can only be tolerated for a couple of weeks at a time before reacting to them
- Alternating diarrhea and constipation
- Headaches and migraines
- Sinus issues and severe “seasonal” allergies
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Inability to regulate body temperature
Life is miserable plain and simple. Luckily, you have a lot in your control and can regain your health.
What exactly is histamine intolerance?
Histamine Intolerance isn’t actually an intolerance. It’s a build-up of histamine in the body when the body is deficient in DAO, the enzyme that breaks down histamine. This can happen as a side-effect of certain medications, GI conditions that limit the ability to absorb nutrients including leaky gut, Celiac Disease, Crohn’s Disease, SIBO, and other GI conditions, high intake of high histamine foods and intake of foods that block DAO production.
Thankfully, a low-histamine diet and specific supplementation is often a game-changer for many people suffering from this condition. Food is the foundation of health. Supplements and medications always work better when food is where it needs to be.
Who benefits from a Low-Histamine Diet?
- random hives/severe reactions to foods with no rhyme or reason
- diagnosed with histamine intolerance
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
- Severe seasonal allergies where allergy medications offer little relief
Can all benefit from a low-histamine diet. Depending on the reason will determine the length of time needed to follow it.
What does a Low-Histamine Diet look like?
A low-histamine diet is a temporary, therapeutic diet that limits the intake of histamine. This requires cooking from scratch, avoiding condiments, fermented foods, boxed foods, precooked foods, and freezing any and all leftovers immediately after cooling. No leftovers being stored in the fridge. You also will need to avoid high histamine foods like avocados and strawberries for a period of time, and also foods that trigger a histamine release like alcohol, chocolate, and wheat.
Whoa, that’s like all the best foods! Avocado and chocolate?! What does life even look like without these foods? It’s hard to visualize what eating without our favorite foods can look like. Right now it looks like a whole lot of misery.
Instead of spending hours upon hours trying to find recipes and/or the best substitutions for your favorite foods, you can invest in a meal plan that gives you
- 2-weeks of done-for-you meal plans to jumpstart you new temporarily lifestyle with ease
- 45 recipes that you can have a ton of options and not feel deprived and/or bored with your food
- Know exactly what you need to do to prevent histamine growth on your food so you stop adding histamine to your body and start reducing what has built up
- Freezing and thawing tips because most of us aren’t used to having to freeze and reheat our leftovers
- Build your pantry and freezer with short-cuts so meals can be ready in less than 15 minutes
- Know how to dine out and travel with more ease
- And cooking tips to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible
All the hard work has been done for you so you can focus on living your life and regaining your health.
Your Low Histamine Program
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I have multiple food sensitivities, will this meal plan as-is work for me?
A: It absolutely can work for you. All recipes are flexible and swaps can easily be made.
Q: If I buy the meal plan then find I’d like more support, can I add coaching later?
A: Definitely! I’m always here for additional support and guidance.
Q: Do the recipes include the ingredients?
A: Definitely! I don’t just tell you ideas, this is a full-on plan! You get a meal plan, grocery shopping list, and all recipes included. Along with more awesome, helpful resources.
Marian Mitchell is a Certified Health Coach, Cookbook Author, Meal Planning Expert, Public Speaker, and Mom. Her expertise is bridging the gap between knowing what you need to do to get (and stay) healthy and making it work realistically in your everyday, real-world life. Partnering with her clients and their doctors allows clients to adhere to the treatment the doctor has prescribed, and thus improving their health and having a new way of living that allows for long-term health.
Disclaimer: The goal of this program is to help you take control of your health and for you to feel the best you possibly can! This program is not meant to take the place of working with a qualified health care professional and is not designed to diagnose or treat any diseases or medical conditions. Any advice provided is not a medical diagnosis or medical treatment plan.