Here in Phoenix it is already HOT. I am not a huge fan on turning on the oven to make sweet (and secretly healthy) treats when it gets over 95. These granola bites were a huge hit with the attendees to my cooking class this past Saturday. Easy, delicious, filling with just enough sweet to feel like it’s cheating when it isn’t. Try them out today, you won’t regret it!
No-Bake Granola Bites
Prep: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes 18-20 bites = 4 servings
- 1c. Oats
- ½ c almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- ¼-1/3 c honey
- ⅓-1/2 c. chocolate chips (vegan option is Sprouts Farmers Market brand chocolate chips)
- In a medium bowl, mash banana with a fork then add ¼ c honey and mix
- Add in oats, almond butter and chocolate chips and stir until well mixed. If the consistency is too thick, add the rest of the honey.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Make 1 inch balls then place in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
This is a versatile recipe. If you don’t want to do chocolate chips, you can add in goji berries, cranberries, raisins, cocoa nibs.
To make on-the-go friendly, roll in raw coconut flakes but make sure to keep cold or they will melt! It still tastes good but you’ll need a spoon.