Being a mom, business owner, and generally just living in a bubble, I was introduced to poke bowls within the last, like, 3 weeks. No lie. Even though I’m way behind on what’s cool, I’m so glad I was introduced to them. They are light, refreshing, and absolutely delicious! The downside though….I can’t have them made for me soy or gluten free. Now comes the upside…making them is super easy, still absolutely delicious and free of all the things I can’t have. This beautiful bowl is a Pineapple Mango Ahi Tuna Poke. It’s a delicious mix of sweet and spicy. Perfect to enjoy on these hot summer days.
The Poke Bowl Recipe
For this gorgeous recipe, you will need 8 ounces of Ahi tuna steak, 1 ripe mango, 1 cup ripe pineapple, 1 red bell pepper, cilantro, green onions, and 1 Haas avocado. You will also need 2 cups cooked jasmine rice. Then for the amazing sauce, you need coconut aminos, rice cooking wine, sesame seed oil, and chili paste.
Start cooking the rice, following the directions on the bag. While that gets going, make your sauce in a small bowl and set it aside. Then the fun part, chopping, and dicing. First up, cut your tuna into 1-inch cubes and place in a medium-sized bowl. Take your mango and cut it off the seed. while it’s still in the skin, use your knife and slice in a tic-tac-toe pattern but really, really small pieces. Once done, use a spoon to remove the pieces from the skin and place in the bowl with your tuna. Cut your pineapple and bell pepper into small pieces as well. Then rough chop your cilantro and thinly slice your green onions. Add it all to the bowl with the tuna. Pour on the sauce and mix well with a spoon. Set aside and let the flavors blend while you check on your rice.
Once the rice is done, split it between two bowls. Next up top each bowl with half of the tuna fruit mixture. Next up, cut your avocado in half, slice with a knife and scoop out with a spoon. Place half of the avocado into each bowl. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy with a spoon.
Viola! So easy, minimal cooking, and ready to be enjoyed.
Products Used In This Recipe
Pineapple Mango Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl
- 8 oz sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup rough chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp rice cooking wine
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tsp chili paste or to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds divided
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice or cauliflower rice, divided
- 1 haas avocado
- Cook rice according to directions.
- While rice is cooking, make sauce with coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil, and chili paste in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Chop tuna into 1 inch cubes and place into a bowl.
- Slice mango, pineapple, and red bell pepper into small pieces. Add to the tuna.
- Rough chop cilantro and thinly slice the green onions. Add to the tuna bowl. Pour sauce on top and let set for a few minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, divide evenly and place onto your plates. Top with poke bowl mix. Slice avocados into thin slices and place off to the side of the bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds.
2 thoughts on “Pineapple Mango Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl”
OMG I love this, and I am going to give it a try tomorrow when I buy the ingredients. Great post and the Images are very mouthwatering.
Wow i would like to try this new recipe and shared to my friends. We all love pineapples and the ingredients here easy to find.