In my practice, I’ve had an influx of Fructose Sensitivity come through. This is different than Low FODMAPs as it’s fructose-specific and less restrictive than FODMAPs. However, there are not many recipes and resources out there for this community! Since it’s on my radar and I’ve created an entire Meal Plan Program for it, I decided I should add some recipes here. That’s what I do!
My favorite thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. It requires very little hands on time and it’s delicious.
For this recipe you’ll need 4 chicken italian sausages, 12 ounces of small baby potatoes (sometimes called gemstone potatoes), 12 ounces of green beans, dried italian herbs, salt, and extra virgin olive oil. You’ll also need a baking sheet and parchment paper.
First, rinse off your potatoes and then place in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave for 3 minutes. This will help precook the potatoes so they cook quicker in the oven. Cut off the ends of your green beans then cut in half. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with olive oil. Add the green beans to the sheet. Take your chicken sausage and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the baking sheet. Drain the potatoes and add to the baking sheet as well. Lightly coat everything with more olive oil, then sprinkle dried italian herbs and sea salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven that’s been preheat at 400 degrees. Flip halfway through to prevent burning. Serve warm or let cool and reheat later.
- 4 chicken italian sausages
- 12 ounces small baby potatoes
- 12 ounces green beans
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take your small baby potatoes and put them in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave, empty the water and let the potatoes sit.
- Take your chicken sausage and cut them into slices about a half an inch to an inch thick.
- Remove the ends off of your green beans and then cut in half to make into pieces that can fit into your mouth.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Lightly mist it with olive oil. Then lay down the baby potatoes, green beans and chicken sausage. Lightly mist with olive oil, then sprinkle with the dried Italian herbs and salt.
- Place in the oven and let back for 25-30 minutes. Flipping one time half way through.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off. Let cook for a few minutes before servings.