My son is going through this phase where he doesn’t want to eat anything but granola bars, yogurt, his diaya cheese, and rice milk. Before now he would eat every vegetable I put in front of him without complaint and never left any for later. Last night he asked for spaghetti and that got me excited! It’s so easy to hide extra veggies in spaghetti sauce. That got me thinking…I need to share this tip! He loved the sauce so much he had 3 bowls AND licked the bowl clean.
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce of choice
- 2-10 florets of broccoli (2 for the first time might be best)
- 1/4 sweet onion chopped
- 1 tsp EVOO
Let’s Make It,
- In a medium sauce pan, saute onion and broccoli in EVOO until soft on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour sauce on top of veggies and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce is slow boiling, pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Voila! Bone building broccoli hidden in a delicious sauce the whole family can enjoy.
For other option you can use diced zucchini, shredded carrots, pureed butternut squash or pumpkin.
If you like to have meat in your sauce, add blended sauce to meat and mix before serving.