Spring Veggies and Chicken with Quinoa
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, 1/2 head of cauliflower, 1/2 onion and 1/2 a bunch of asparagus, finely chopped
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced longways in half, making cutlets
- 1 cup of quinoa (or gluten free pasta or spiralized veggie noodles (Paleo))
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, spread out the veggies evenly. Spray or toss with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in oven for 10 minutes. Take out and stir. Then cook another 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, start cooking your quinoa in the 2 cups of water
- While those are cooking, slice your chicken breasts and cook in a pan on medium heat with olive oil and seasonings to taste. Total time about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil then remove and cover.
- Once everything is done, toss the veggies and quinoa together. Put on a plate and top with chicken and tomatoes.