Welcome to Road to Living Whole!
Research has shown that only 10-20% of your health outcomes are because of your doctors and medication interventions. This means that 80-90% of your health outcomes are in your hands! What you eat and how you take care of yourself matters so much more than you’ve been led to believe.
If you’re lucky, your doctor has been able to tell you what is going on with your health. They may tell you something like the following:
- “Your blood sugar is climbing and you need to get it under control or you’ll be on meds soon.”
- “Your thyroid is operating suboptimally and you should eat different for it.”
- “You have celiac disease and need to go gluten free.”
- “We aren’t sure what’s wrong exactly but you’re anemic and have high levels of histamine in your blood.”
Your doctor will typically give you a (simple or detailed) treatment plan to get healthy. The rest is up to you. Thankfully you have so much in your control. However, big changes are overwhelming and you want to get better quickly. That’s where we can help.
Hi, I’m Marian Mitchell! Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Founder of Road to Living Whole. My team and I specialize in the diets and lifestyles specifically designed to heal the body for those with a diagnosed illness. When you partner with us, you will:
- feel empowered and excited to move forward, instead of overwhelmed.
- have a solid roadmap to following your doctor’s orders (however vague or detailed those orders may be) with minimal effort saving you hundreds of hours researching.
- spend your time focusing on living your amazing life versus researching down the rabbit hole trying to figure out what is going on and why.
- know exactly what to eat to regain your health and how to shop for it. No more going blank at the grocery store.
- save hundreds of dollars by not wasting any food. You will always have food on hand that supports your health goals and adhere’s to the protocol your doctor gave you.
- have a cheerleader who understands exactly what you are going through. No more feeling alone, frustrated, and misunderstood.
I’VE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE
My health journey first began with a desire to get off the diet rollercoaster and just get healthy. I also struggled with chronic migraines, ovarian cysts, hormonal acne, asthma that required daily medication, and psoriasis. In my effort to achieve health, I explored every dietary lifestyle out there including Clean Eating, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw Vegan, Paleo, and Traditional Weston A. Price. During this time of exploration my dad was diagnosed with relapsing polychondritis, I discovered I have multiple food sensitivities, and my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and through them was connected to leading experts and doctors in the field of complex chronic disease.
With firsthand experience with autoimmune disease, food sensitvities, and mold toxicity I can truly understand what you are experiencing. This knowledge allows me the ability to support you when no one else understands what is going on. Since opening my practice I have partnered with many local Naturopathic Doctors. Together we have helped hundreds of patients incorporate their treament plan into their lives. Their health soars and they are able to live the life they want.
Our Many Ways To Help You Quickly Regain Your Health (and keep it for life!)
There is no one-size-fits-all way of learning and making changes in your life. Here on the website, we have:
- over 130 recipes and our blog covers a variety of health-focused topics ranging from autoimmune disease and allergy-free living to yoga and stress management.
- a cookbook, The Dish: A Real-Life Guide for Eating with Autoimmune Disease
- and YouTube Channel, Thrive Gluten Free.
As a health coaching practice, we offer a variety of coaching and learning platforms. We have our:
We provide consults and coaching either in our office based in Scottsdale, AZ or by video. Meal plans are delivered electronically and our workshops are presented to a live audience and recorded.
We specialize in (but are not limited to) the following therapeutic diets and lifestyles:
- SIBO Protocol
- Hormone Rebalancing (including metabolic disorder and adrenal fatigue)
Simple Recipes Are Our Jam
Food is incredibly important over here. You will find our recipes tend to use few ingredients and rarely anything weird or something you’ll only use once. Marian used to be a truly horrible cook, but over the years she has gone from following recipes to a T to developing her own. She found herself frustrated with recipes requiring 20 ingredients or more, and only used once then went bad before she could use them again. One time she bought ingredients for insanely delicious whoopie cookies but the recipe cost $40!! She also got tired of recipes that were bland. We all love food because it’s taste good! Healthy food isn’t supposed to be boring or complex!
You will find that the recipes we share are simple, use affordable and available ingredients. We only use ingredients you will find used over and over again. As a visual learner, Marian makes videos for other visual learners to show you how to make and use the less mainstream ingredients, (like spaghetti squash and coconut flour) making getting into the kitchen fun again.