If you are looking for a delicious, lower calorie yet creamy soup, then this is the soup for you. This soup is seriously delicious! It’s also dairy free, gluten free, corn free and soy free. It’s so good I’m going to let it speak for itself. You won’t regret trying this recipe. Promise!
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Russet Potatoes, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Spicy Turkey Sausage, outer skin removed and grown away
- 6 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 bunch kale, removed from stalks
- 5 cups water, plus 3 cups to the side
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In 3 cups of water boil cauliflower florets and cubed potatoes for 45 minutes. Then either mash (like I did in this picture) or throw into a blender and blend for 2-4 minutes until smooth.
- About 5 minutes before the cauliflower and potatoes are done, start browning the turkey sausage and chopped onion. Make sure to make the turkey sausage into smaller chunks.
- Add garlic when the onions are translucent and let cook another minute. Add 5 cups of water. Then add the cauliflower-potato puree.
- Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to medium-low and let simmer for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, tear the kale from the stalk in small pieces and throw into the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once you’re satisfied with the flavor, let it cook 30 more minutes.
- Enjoy! This soup is extremely hearty. We were all stuffed after 1 bowl full.