I love Asian inspired meals. They are flavorful and I find really quite simple to make. This recipe is simple and flavorful. Perfect for a night in with friends or when you’re really craving take-out. It also freezes well so you can make a big batch then freeze the leftovers. I’m all for cooking once and eating as many times as possible!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, grain free and paleo.
Lettuce Wraps With Beef, Cabbage and Red Pepper
- 1 lb ground beef preferably grass fed/finished
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 4 green onions
- 1 package pre sliced baby portabello mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Brown your ground beef.
- While beef is browning, dice your bell pepper, shred cabbage and chop green onion.
- When beef is done cooking, remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- Drain the fat from the pan and throw away. Then add sesame seed oil and all the vegetables except cilantro to the pan. Cook until desired softness. I cooked mine for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add to beef. Leave the liquid in the pan.
- Add in chopped cilantro, vinegar, fish sauce and coconut aminos. Mix well.
- Place meat and veggie mixture onto butter lettuce leaves. Enjoy!