I love meatballs. They are affordable, easy to hide veggies into, great for school lunches, easy to add to spaghetti (a regular weekly meal in this home) and easy to add to soups or stews for a quick meal. I like to keep them on hand for all the reasons listed above. The recipe is easy to modify but this particular blend was a hit.
Veggie Filled Grain Free Meatballs
Makes Approx 60 meatballs
- 2 large florets steamed softy cauliflower
- 1/4 cup fine chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fine chopped spinach,
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium sized bowl, smash cauliflower then add in all ingredients. Mix well. I used my hands with gloves on.
- On a baking sheet, cover with foil then make 1 1/2-2 in balls and line evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Will take two batches.
*Note: This could easily become a meatloaf as well. Just top with homemade ketchup or BBQ sauce.
I hope you enjoy this affordable, versatile and fun food as much as we do.
Live Healthy and Whole,