Have you ever heard the saying that “Fitness is 20% physical and 80% mental”? Perhaps it’s time to take a step back and remember that an active lifestyle can be achieved with or without exercise simply by having a balanced diet. Dieting alone may get you leaner, but working out will help get you stronger.
Working out and having a healthy diet is 80% mental and 20% physical. Having a balanced lifestyle will drastically improve your well-being and outlook on life. Being physically fit isn’t all about the number of pounds you can lift or how long you can run; it’s also about feeling good, both inside and out!
Here are 5 hints on how to balance diet and an active lifestyle:
- Drink at least 1/2 of your weight in ounces of water each day. Not only will you feel less hungry, but drinking water will flush out toxins so you can perform at your best!
- Don’t skip breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day and will get your metabolism going so you can burn more calories throughout the day!
- Have a small mid-morning snack, such as an apple with almond butter or banana with peanut butter. A healthy snack in between breakfast and lunch will help you stay full longer and prevent overeating at lunchtime.
- Eat your lunch! If you skip lunch, your body will think it’s starving and slow down so you won’t burn as many calories.
- Try to eat dinner at least three hours before bedtime so your body can fully digest the food and avoid waking up feeling hungry (or eating in your sleep).
NB: Save sweet treats for special occasions
Having a piece of dark chocolate or a square of 85%+ dark chocolate for dessert is fine, but having cake every night will pack on the pounds!
Why is eating healthy and being active important?
Nutrition is important, no matter if you are trying to build muscle or lose weight. If you want to be physically fit, it is crucial that you nourish your body with foods that provide the necessary nutrients. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, exercise must also be incorporated into one’s daily activities. Doing some cardio first thing in the morning or playing an intense game of soccer will help boost your metabolism, give you more energy throughout the day, and prevent insomnia at night. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to determine what works best for them. Whether you choose to work out in the morning or evening, just remember that consistency is key!
What about supplements?
There are definitely supplements out there like Omax Health that may help to boost your workout or recovery. The key is to find the one that fits your specific needs. Many pre-workout supplements claim to give you more energy & endurance, but they are often filled with so many stimulants that it ends up making you feel worse instead of better. There are also vegan options and shakes at places like aleanlife.com. You can use them to help you with your health, diet and nutritional intake.
There you have it!
Being physically fit isn’t just about being able to lift heavy weights or run long distances. Being active and staying in shape is 80% mental and 20% physical. It’s just as important to feel good on the inside as it is to look good on the outside. Making a few small changes every day will help you achieve a healthy lifestyle that can last a lifetime!