I don’t know about you, but I love easy to throw together meals. I love it even more when I don’t have to cook anything. I usually make a bunch of grains on Sundays to last me for the week. If you haven’t done that then you’ll have to cook the quinoa. I highly recommend cooking grains on Sundays to last for the week. They are so easy to reheat and add to any meal to make it complete.
This salad is a modification of my mom’s Fiesta Salad. Delicious in and of itself but sometimes it’s fun to play around and see what else can be created. This easy to throw together meal is nutrient packed, gluten/dairy/corn free and delicious! On top of all that, it’s perfect for the summer because you don’t have to warm up the house to make it. All you need is a knife and cutting board or a food processor, and a bowl to put everything in. (Learn how to cook perfect quinoa here.)
- 25 pre cooked, thawed Shrimp, diced
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 small container grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, skin peeled and diced
- 8 baby carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1-1 1/2 lemons juiced (depending on how much you like lemon)
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
Mixed everything together, cover with a lid and let sit in fridge at least 4 hours, overnight is best. Enjoy!
Tip: For even more of a nutritional boost, put on top of a bed of fresh spinach!