I am a huge fan of salads. I enjoy the crunch of the raw green of choice, playing around with different seasonal toppings and dressings, and getting a huge boost in nutrients on very little calories. Calories don’t really matter much but getting a huge does of nutrition for very little is a nice benefit.
I developed this salad for our first gluten free Thanksgiving and has been a regular ever since. We enjoy having a flavorful side dish that also allows more room for dessert! By taking advantage of what is in season in the fall/winter I created an affordable, simple and absolutely delicious salad. Top it off with a poppyseed dressing of choice for the best flavor combination imaginable.
Spinach Salad With Pomegranate, Almond Slivers and Goat Cheese
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 pomegranate
- 3/4 cup almond slivers
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- poppyseed dressing I like Brianna's
- In a large bowl, add in spinach.
- Open pomegranate and open it up to easily pop out the seeds over the bowl of spinach.
- Add in almond slivers and goat cheese.
- Serve and let everyone add the dressing themselves.